Monday, September 24, 2007

What we did on Sunday

Yesterday we went and had dinner with my entire extended family, minus my little brother who is away at school. (It's a shame that he wasn't there. Though Lucy's first crush was on her Daddy, she is most definately newly smitten with her Uncle Ehren. His presence was sorely missed!) All in all it was a fun afternoon... marveling at the chaos created by so many little children and laughing at how much fun they all seemed to have together.

My favorite moment of the day was when my nephew Aidan, who just started preschool told me that he doesn't have just one girlfriend at school, he has 9. When I asked him if the girls liked him too, he looked at me, paused, and said, "Oh, yeah!!!" Should we be afraid for this boy when he is 16? Or perhaps afraid for the girls? Aidan is the same child who once told his Dad when something very cool happened, that it was "cooler than a donkey running 200 miles an hour." I mean seriously, with an imagination like that, and a propensity to never stop talking, which Aidan definately has, he ought to be put on television.

Other notable events included Grandpa giving Sam the ultimate toy... a piece of scrap wood, with a bunch of screws in it. He has been screwing and unscrewing said screws all morning. I am excited because he is getting hours of entertainment from a $0 investment, and also excited because now I don't have to worry about Sam taking off all of the outlet covers, switch plates and door hinges in my house.


The only sad part of the day was saying goodbye to Maddie... we got Maddie when I was 13... she was a good dog... the best actually. She is old and very sick now and will not live much longer. It was nice that we all got to visit with her one last time.

It really is crazy fun having everyone together... I know we are lucky that we get to do it so often. Here is a then and now picture of the oldest seven grandchildren. Only ones missing are the three newest babies. (Notice Lucy and her bevy of men... the three unpictured babies are boys too.)



What did you do on your Sunday?