Today is a good day. It is a good day because it is finally beginning to feel like fall in my corner of the world. The wind is blowing, the leaves are turning, and the air is feeling crisp and cool. I am so completely ready for the cold weather.
I am excited because cold weather brings Christmas and Thanksgiving. I love Christmas and Thanksgiving, partly because these two in particular involve a lot of food, and I really love good food. Speaking of good food, I found a recipe for cinnamon rolls on another blog that I am going to try today. To see the recipe, click here. If it's good, I'm thinking they might become a Christmas Morning treat. Growing up, we always had Belgian waffles on Christmas morning. Maybe we could have Belgian Waffles and Cinnamon rolls.
I hadn't really thought much about Thanksgiving until last week when, while driving through the McDonalds parking lot, I saw two large male turkeys, strutting around the back corner of the lot, with feathers spread in full regalia. (I know, horses in my yard, and turkeys in the McDonalds parking lot. What kind of town do I live in?) So anyway, since we saw the turkeys at McDonalds, I've been thinking a lot about turkeys... stuffed with homemade stuffing and dripping with gravy.
The last thing that makes me terribly excited about the holidays is that come November 1st, it will be close enough to Christmas that I can start listening to my Clay Aiken Christmas CD. I love Christmas, and I love Clay Aiken. Especially his Christmas CD. Truth to be had, I am somewhat of a Clay Aiken groupie. I've seen him in concert once six times, three of which were Christmas shows. Much to my husband's embarrassment, I know a lot about him and his music. (go ahead... ask me!)There is something about that voice singing songs that already mean so much... would you like to see my favorites?