I had my doubts. The claim of Dawn Direct Foaming Action Dish detergent is that you only need one squirt to wash an entire sink full of dishes. But I agreed to try it out. Now, the problem with this is I don't really wash dishes. I cram everything into the dishwasher... except for my expensive pots and pans, because, well, they were expensive and they must last a long time. Lucky for Dawn Direct though, I cooked a lot during the holidays and had plenty of opportunities to wash said expensive pans. I waited until my sink looked entirely too disgusting to be left any longer, and I got out my new, free bottle of Dawn Direct Foam (free only because I agreed to come here and tell you about it) and put it to the test.
I have to admit it held up pretty well. First off, I was amazed at how quickly it cut through stuff that I would normally have to spend a few minutes scrubbing off. And though I used more than one squirt because I'm anal and I wanted things to be really, really clean, I think one probably would have washed all my dirty pans without a problem. So there you have it. IF you wash a lot of dishes, this will be great for you. IF you don't, and you just want to lesson the intensity of the dish washing that you do have to do, this will be great for you too.
It's hard to believe I actually got excited about a dish washing detergent, but I did, and now I'm passing that excitement on to you. I tried it, and I will definitely buy it.
My only disclaimer is that while this detergent is very tough on your dishes, and strips your pans of all signs of dirt, grease, and grime, it also strips your hands of all traces of dirt, grease, grim, and the ability to feel like human, instead of alligator skin. So, keep a good moisturizer close by or be sure to wear rubber gloves. Of course, you could just become an alligator. An alligator with VERY clean dishes.