Saturday, February 16, 2008

Half Time Report

For the second night in a row, seven children are all sleeping peacefully. And I am still alive. I am totally exhausted, but I'm still smiling. That has to count for something! A few moments I won't ever forget...

At 1:30 AM, on the first night, one of my nephews woke up and walked in to the living room. Apparently confused by his present surroundings, or perhaps just wondering where everyone was, he screamed, at the top of his lungs... "WHERE ARE YOU?!!!" After I restarted my heart, I raced in to the livingroom to find him. He smiled sweetly, pleased, I'm sure, that his hollering produced such speedy results. He went right back to sleep. I lay in bed for an hour trying to lower my blood pressure.

This evening, as I was preparing dinner, no one was in a good mood. Both babies were tired and hungry and just wanted to be held. The twins (both sets) were fighting and fussing and climbing on the table, and I was frantically trying to get spaghetti in to bowls fast enough to please them all. It was loud. And totally chaotic. Poor Jordan, who had been such a trooper playing with the younger children all day, put his head on the counter and said, "Mommy, I think I've had enough!"

And now for some picture highlights...

Everyone dressed and ready for the day(nearly an hour long process)... minus the oldest, who was already off at school.


IMG_2333
We had some quiet moments... (I love PBS kids)



IMG_2335


And some not so quiet moments...


 IMG_2339


And some moments like this...

IMG_2341


That gave me the time to take some beautiful pictures of the babies...

IMG_2349 IMG_2353 IMG_2354

It makes me wonder how my sister and I, looking so much alike, could produce two babies that look so entirely different!

And now for your viewing pleasure... (okay, really just my sister because I am sure she misses her boys and would like to see!)