Thursday, March 27, 2008

Back in the saddle again...

This morning I got a very happy phone call from the Verizon man telling me he was done working on my internet switch and that now my DSL should work just fine. Yay for internet! Today I am going to balance my bank account, pay several bills, and change my address with a hundred different companies who all seem to think it's important for them to know where to mail me stuff.

So, moving went pretty well. Movers came on Wednesday and by Friday at 3 PM, we were totally moved in, unpacked and had pictures hanging on the wall. Chaos and disorder drives me crazy so I was a little... okay, a lot obsessive about getting everything organized. I like our new house... our new, old house. The floors creak something awful, and the hallway is a little slanted. I'm not sure if I should be worried about that. But it's big enough, and it's comfortable, and the kids have a playroom downstairs that they love. So, we're good.

We had an okay Easter... Sam was sick, so I stayed home from church with him. I was kind of bummed to miss church on Easter Sunday... but we were able to go to my parents house and have dinner that afternoon, and enjoy an Easter egg hunt with all the cousins. The egg hunt lasted all of three minutes. Those kids were fast. I don't have any pictures. I'm terrible at taking pictures. We have quite a few totally undocumented holidays in our family's history. I mean, sometimes, it's justified... like Christmas 2003. I had two month old twins... who has time to take a picture? But sometimes, I just forget. What's up with that?

The best thing about our Easter is that I scored the ham bone. We always have a ham for dinner. My Mom bought the ham, but because I am loved, I was able to bring home the ham bone. Why is this so wonderful? Throw a ham bone from a spiral honey baked ham into a pot and then fill the pot with potatoes and green beans. Let it cook all day. I promise you'll understand. It is my most favorite comfort food.

Oh, and in the world of terribly important news, Henry is about to get his first tooth. I was worried it wouldn't come in before his first birthday... but with a few weeks to spare, I think tooth one has just about broken through. Teeth? Yes. Talking? No. He is still stubbornly refusing to say anything other than "Uh." Jordan, at nine months had a ten word vocabulary, including a very adorable version of Mama. But Henry is refusing to cooperate. I know, I know. They're all different. Don't worry. I'm not worried. Just wanting to feel the Mommy love.

Okay. That's all.