Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What I'm thinking... (Beware... it's totally random)

I think gyms ought to have mirror free work out rooms. I don't mind looking like a fool while I work out. I guess I can even handle other people seeing me look like a fool while I work out. But to have to see other people seeing me looking like a fool while I work out, well that just stinks.


I don't understand how two pairs of jeans, in exactly the same size, made by the same company, different only in color, fit like two completely different pairs of pants. Isn't there anything in this world that makes shopping easy?


It only takes a year to fill a house up with junk. Most of that junk belongs to children. The one good thing about moving is that you get to throw away a lot of junk. In the dark of night, without making any noise so that no child wakes up and insists that they really, really, really need that basket of happy meal toys and headless barbies that is on it's way to the trash.


Keys can disappear forever. Even when you know they have to be lost in your house because you did actually drive your car home the last time you had them.

Four year olds may actually be smart enough to throw away car keys, as retribution for their mysteriously missing happy meal toys and headless barbies.

I watched American Idol last night. The songs all came from the Lennon/McCartney song book. It was good, but I'm thinking it was sort of cruel to make them all cover Beatles songs. Why fix what isn't broken, you know? Several did really well though.

This was my most favorite:



I think Brook has a sincerity that others are lacking. She isn't just talented, she is believable too.

My other favorites:

Jason Castro - If I fell



and David Cook, singing Eleanor Rigby (the chorus is awesome).