Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Why Walmart is evil

I went there today. Oh how miserable it was. I had four kids with me, because they are too little to stay at home alone for at least six more months... or maybe a little longer. So we're walking through Wal Mart to get two things. TWO THINGS ONLY. Book 1 of Harry Potter, and a pair of glasses that Jordan can wear to school on Wednesday when he goes dressed up like Harry Potter. It's "Just Read" day at school and he has to go dressed as a character from his favorite book and take said book to school with him so that he can read a part of it to his classmates. So we went to buy the book. And the glasses.

You might be asking why I was risking Wal Mart for such a purpose when a bookstore would be a much wiser choice. But when you live in Podunkville, USA, Wal Mart IS your bookstore. Moving on.

Wal Mart didn't have book one. They had books 2 - 7... but not 1. Jordan tried to convince me that any of the other books would do. He has been trying to convince me that he's ready for book 2, but I'm not buying it. See, reading like a 12 year old does not actually make you a 12 year old. And once he reads book 2, the others quickly follow. And well, I've read them all and it gets pretty dark and scary pretty fast. So, we're holding off on book 2. Which is why I needed book 1. Which Wal Mart didn't have.

They did have glasses. So that would be ONE thing to purchase, right?

Please explain to me how I spent $100.

Like I said, Wal Mart is evil.

(But... I do have some really great new Tupperware. And can you believe it? I didn't even know I needed it until I saw it sitting there on the shelf.)