Thursday, July 17, 2008

The one when I thought my head might explode.

Seriously. Wouldn't you if you went downstairs and realized that your children were trying to flood your basement... on purpose? It's a daylight basement...a large finished bonus room with a door leading out to the driveway, and a little concrete patio. The garden hose is connected to the outside of the house right beside the door leading to the inside. Yeah. Bet you can see where this is going.

I'm still not sure if it was Jordan or Sam that was the brain behind the plan, I'm thinking it seems more like a Sam thing to do. It hardly mattered who was in charge though... who has time to point fingers when your busy using a push broom to sweep water out of your house? I'm lucky because right inside the door, there is a three foot strip of ceramic tile running the length of the room before the carpet starts. Most of the water pooled here... only about six inches of carpet got really wet. I'm still combatting the drying carpet and faint musty/mildewy smell.

Sam's explanation: "It was Jordan's idea, and the pavement outside was hot, and my feet were hot, and the water was cold, and the floor inside was cold. It seemed like the right thing to do to cool off!"

Jordan's explanation: "Sam did it ALL! I KNEW we would get in trouble, but he just kept going."

So, Jordan comes up with the mean and awful plans, then convinces his little brother who is afraid of nothing and more capable of using his powers of charm and cuteness to get out of all tricky situations to carry them out?

Huh. Can't decide who is more to blame.