Henry is at that great age of approaching toddlerdom when two naps are no longer an option, but one really long, blissfully long nap in the middle of the day IS an option. All summer, he would go to bed around 1:00 and sleep anywhere from two to three, even three and a half hours.
Everything was well and good with this routine until the school year started. Nothing makes nap time better than waking your kid up in the middle of it so that you can throw him in the car and drive to the elementary school to pick up his older brother. Who actually WAKES up a sleeping baby?!
I've tried to inch nap time back an hour... putting Henry down at 12, or even 11:30, so he can get in a good sleep before it's time to leave for the school. That's worked okay, except he's so stinkin tired by late afternoon that he's going to bed ten minutes after Josh gets home from work.
I'm thinking of petitioning the school district to see if they'll change the hours of the school day. Cause I'm really inconvenienced. That's reason enough, isn't it?
The school bus isn't an option. We live out of district for this particular school so I have to do all the transporting. Even if he COULD ride the bus, he wouldn't. Because we live in a most mighty small town, the elementary kids and the high school kids share a bus. Hmmmm. Don't feel good about that one!
So, I drive. And the baby does not nap. I can't be the first person in the world that has experienced this problem. What did you do?