Last night while talking to Sam and Lucy, I asked if they were happy to be twins. They answered, in unison, "YEP!"
"Is it ever annoying to be twins?" I asked.
Sam answered, "Sometimes I'm a little annoyed because Lucy is super mean to me. And she's bossy."
Lucy answered, "I AM NOT MEAN!" as she hit Sam in the head with her book. Then she said, "I'm not bossy either. Don't say that about me!"
Huh.
Wonder why he doesn't believe that one?
In other Lucy related news, Lucy has gotten in the habit of telling the boys that she knows everything. I often hear, "Don't you remember boys? I know everything!" Funny thing is that I've heard the boys respond, "Oh, yeah. I forgot." Does she really have them convinced that she KNOWS everything? This girl is more powerful than I thought. She gets it from me... the knowing everything. It's not that I think I know everything, but I have, on more than one occasion used it as explanation to my children.
"How did you know I was in the hallway Mommy?" Jordan once asked.
I quickly responded, "Because Mommys know everything!" Really, it's because his tiptoeing down the hall actually sounded more like a parade of elephants, and because he's bigger than the other children, I can discern his step over theirs and almost always identify him correctly. But it's much more fun for him, and his siblings to think me all knowing and powerful.
Apparently Lucy has devised a way to utilize a similar deception. I should probably intervene, but then, wouldn't I be selling myself out as well? Maybe I'll tell them the ability to know everything comes from childbirth. It opens the eyes in the back of our heads, and turns on a sixth sense constantly tuned in to the location of each child and whether or not anyone is near danger or mischief of any kind at any moment. It also turns on the ability to explain all things, justify all things, comfort in all situations, and solve all problems. So while Lucy is totally faking it, so help me, they better not EVER question me...
What do you think? Do you think they'll buy it?