This morning I woke up with Medusa hair. See, I took a shower last night and slept on wet hair. And since my hair is not curly, and not straight, but rather a mass of kinky not-niceness until my daily rendezvous with the flat iron, it was um, almost disturbing to look in the mirror this morning. And since I can't pull it back in to a pony tail because it's so short, I just live with Medusa madness.
Knowing that I had a lot of housework to do, and not wanting to fix myself up so the toilets thought I looked nice, I didn't do much to better my appearance. My hair went untamed and unflattened, and I stayed in my typical 'first thing in the morning' attire, yoga pants, and a t-shirt. It totally didn't count as still being in my pajamas though... cause I did it on purpose. And I brushed my teeth and put a bra on and stuff. So there.
Obviously those minor details didn't matter much to my ever observant offspring. While driving to pick up Jordan from school, this is the conversation I overhear between the twins:
Lucy: "Sam, you're so smart. You're already in your costume so it won't take you long to get ready for Halloween when we get home."
Sam: "Yep. We'll be able to leave right away!"
Lucy: "No... we can't leave until Mommy gets ready. She has to take a shower, and fix her hair."
Sam: "She's already dressed."
Lucy: "Those are NOT daytime clothes, Sam. And she needs to take a shower!"
Sam: "Yeah. I guess she does need to shower. She doesn't want to smell like rotten eggs."
Rotten eggs? Rotten eggs?! Who smells like rotten eggs, Mr. Farty pants?!
I mean really. I might smell like toilet bowl cleaner, or like ketchup, and my arms may smell like they've been holding a stinky baby, because, oh wait... I HAVE been holding a stinky baby... but rotten eggs?
Humph. So needless to say I'll be taking a few extra minutes to get ready tonight. Heaven forbid I embarrass my children by going out smelling like rotten eggs.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Questionable Hygiene.
Labels:
about me,
just gross,
Lucy,
motherhood,
Sam,
stuff kids say,
trying to be funny