This afternoon after church, we sat down with our kids to watch The Testaments, an exceptional movie about the Savior. It's just an hour long, and it was entertaining enough that we had every expectation of our children sitting through it. Jordan was captivated, Lucy was generally interested, Sam was good for the first thirty minutes. We encouraged him to hang on... he did and made it to the very end. I cried at the end, because I can't watch it without crying. So there I sit, wiping the tears from my eyes, moved, touched, feeling like hugging my family and saying a prayer of gratitude, when little Sam gets up from the couch and says, "Phew, good! Now I can finally do what I want!"
So glad he was moved as well.
Later this afternoon, I put another "Sunday" movie on for the kids (I swear we do actually do things on Sunday besides movies....) It was a movie about Moses and in the opening credits it pans across several cartoon illustrations of places in Egypt. Jordan says, "Hey look guys, it's the Spanxs."
I said, "Jordan, don't you mean the Sphinx?"
He said, "Yeah. The Spanxs."
Ah yes. The wonderful and majestic, incredibly stretchy and minimizing womens underwear. It's one of the great wonders of Egypt.