Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Glad it's not MY job!

"I can't imagine having to deal with all this, Mom," Jordan said, as he followed me into the laundry room. He waved his hand in the general direction of the mounds of laundry gracing the floor. "What if there is pee or poop or something on some of the clothes? Isn't it gross to have to sort through them all?"

I looked at him, and sighed. "Welcome to my world Jordan - a world full of smelly, stinky, disgusting things. Poop, pee, snot, dried yogurt, crusty banana... it's the life of a Mommy, for sure."

He was quiet for a moment, then backed out of the room, pausing in the doorway. "Okay then!" he said, a bit too enthusiastically. "How about I just get out of here and leave you to it. Maybe I'll come and help you later."

Huh. So so funny, that kid.

I can't really blame him. Laundry IS overwhelming and very gross much of the time. You know. Like when the laundry room looks like this.

IMG_2790

(That really is my laundry room... or the laundry basement rather, in the house we moved out of last December, and I still don't think the picture does the enormity of the situation justice. The laundry room was way far away from the rest of the house. I would not walk past it everyday and would quite frequently forget that laundry was waiting for me. And so this happened... all the time. I wouldn't think to venture downward until there really wasn't a single pair of clean underwear in any drawer, of any size.)