I just posted all of these on facebook, so if you are also my facebook friend, please ignore. :)
My awesome friend and photographer Destinee recently braved the winding mountain roads that lead to my house and spent the afternoon taking pictures. Though it was cold and cloudy, and Henry was in the worst mood ever known to mankind, the day was ultimately successful. Thanks Dest. You are the best.
And now, a small sampling:
I'm glad I like these pictures so much... they may actually be the very last ones I have of my kids in quite a long time. My own digital camera just sighed its final, dying breath. I can't even get it to turn on. How does that happen? I mean, I totally understood why the last one broke, since Sam decided to drop it, then stand on it. But this one was just sitting happily on the counter, or at least I thought it was happy. On second thought, I'm thinking perhaps it WAS feeling a bit down, self conscious in all its clunky bulkiness, feeling inferior to its slimmer, more pixel friendly counterparts.
So now I need a replacement. Problem is, I don't want a cheap replacement. I want something that will last a long time and will endure the test of my crazy life and family. And THAT kind of durability is a tall order. Since I won't settle for something that doesn't measure up, and my bank account, try as I might to force it, will not accommodate a purchase of such magnitude, I'm currently stuck in a pictureless wasteland. Thoughts? Donations? Suggestions?