Tonight, we piled the family into the car and took Jordan to the church for achievement night. It's a church activity night, every other Wednesday for kids age 8-11. In larger areas, it's just for girls because there are enough boys to warrant a boy scout troop. But we don't have enough boys. So... the boys go to achievement night.
ANYWAY...
While Josh walked Jordan inside, I stayed in the car with the other three monkeys. And we had this conversation:
Lucy: Oh, I bet Jordan will have fun.
Sam: Why? What's so fun about achievement night?
Lucy: Mommy, tell Sam it's fun.
Me: It's fun guys. You'll see when you are old enough to go.
(insert a few moments of quiet pondering)
Lucy: Are there hula hoops at achievement nights?
Me: Um, I don't think so. At least not every night.
Lucy: Do you get to eat cake?
Me: No. No cake.
Lucy: Are there presents?
Me: Well, no. There aren't any presents either.
Sam: Well then. I think achievement nights just sound BORING!
I guess when you put it that way... no presents, no hula hoops, AND no cake?!! It does sound boring, doesn't it?