Monday, August 10, 2009

To redeem myself from my last post. A little.

So, obviously I was out of the music loop when I was in high school. As evidenced by my last post. And while I still don't claim, by any stretch, to be cool, I think I was made a little bit cooler by the concert I attended last weekend.

Coldplay Pictures, Images and Photos

These guys? They put on an awesome show. The concert was more than music and lights, it was an entire experience. And it made me happy. I smiled. I laughed. I had a marvelous time with my awesome husband and my fantastic sister and brother-in-law. Inkmom had her camera. She took pictures, and posted them here, on her blog. (In case you are curious after reading her post, I did not see Ric Flair. Or any other wrestlers. Josh and I were, most gratefully, staying in a different hotel, because oddly enough, the Hilton where Inkmom stayed was all booked up... full of wrastlin' fans, I suspect.)

Because I'm an idiot and seem to forget it everywhere I go, I didn't have my camera. I wish I'd had my camera, because at one point, the band moved to a stage that was right in the middle of the crowd. We were close enough that had I thrown a rock at Chris Martin, I could have hit him. I don't know why I would ever want to do such a mean and awful thing. But seriously, I was close enough that had I wanted to, I could have.

So. We rocked it out to Viva la Vida, Yellow, Clocks, and many others. We were mesmerized by the crazy and yet totally sincere antics of Martin and his band. We tossed big yellow balloons all over the amphitheater during Yellow, we stood in raining butterfly confetti. We danced, we sang along. We went home tired and happy. I would tell you to go and see them in concert, but they just finished up the US leg of their tour, so unless you have plans to go to Norway, Sweden, or the UK, you're out of luck. But... you can watch some pretty amazing videos on Youtube, and all of their music is available on itunes. If you don't feel like purchasing anything at the moment, you can download FOR FREE a live album called Left Right Left Right Left from their website, www.coldplay.com. Just look for the little butterfly icon in the upper right corner that says free download. It's a great compilation. containing live versions of many of their greatest songs. We all left the concert with our own free copy in hand. No reason why you shouldn't have one too. :)

Here's a video of Yellow, live in Charlotte. I was there. It was awesome.



And now, because you can never have too much Coldplay appreciation, one of my favorite songs: Clocks (I didn't make the video. Just found it on youtube) Enjoy. :)