Monday, December 14, 2009

Sister.

I have one. And she is awesome.

She keeps me sane, keeps me functional, keeps me laughing.

She tells me when I'm being an idiot. She validates me when I'm not. She tells me when clothes are ugly. She tells me what kind of jeans keep my butt from looking like an SUV.

She finishes my sentences. She knows what I mean. She doesn't care if I call her twenty seven times in one day, because the next day, she'll call me just as many.

Every single day I'm happy that I have her.

Which is why I am so completely thrilled that one day, when Lucy is all grown up and wants to wear a terribly awful purple and orange lace-trimmed sweater to her husband's office Christmas party, she'll have a sister to tell her she should never EVER do such a thing.

Because sisters can say that sort of stuff.

Yay for a baby girl!!