Thursday, January 28, 2010

Things worth pondering. Or not.

Have you ever written an entire post, then read back over it and thought, this is total nonsense? I just did that. All those words, and nothing worth reading. So now I'm just going to waste more words telling you that I have absolutely nothing to blog about.

So there.

Yesterday I had to go to my doctor's office to get a Rhogam shot. I was a little put out, inconvenienced that I had to drive all the way back to the office two days in a row just to get a shot. (I'm not a total wimp, but my doctor's office is over an hour away. I know. An hour seems crazy. But you get used to it. In small towns, you drive far to get just about anywhere.) But then I remembered that it's because of Rhogam that my body can carry healthy babies in the first place. It's a miracle of modern medicine that opposing Rh factor no longer leads to pregnancy loss. I'm grateful. No matter how far I have to drive.

Do your kids do chores? I most delightfully realized the other day that my kids are finally old enough to do chores, without me having to REDO them. They take out the trash. They unload the dishwasher. They put away their own laundry. They clean the playroom and their bedrooms, and clean the sink and toilet in their bathroom. I mean, I still have to ask/tell/threaten them to make sure the chores get done, but when they do them, they're done. I don't have to go behind them and pull all the toys out from under the couch and put them where they actually belong. It helps me see the little tiny glimmers of responsibility that are starting to shine through all their kid-ness... It's awesome.

I saw Inkmom's baby yesterday. I love her. Have I said that lately? Oh, how amazingly cute she is. It is wonderfully therapeutic to hold her. Makes my own pregnancy seem much more endurable.

Have you seen those AT&T commercials that criticize Verizon because on Verizon's network, you aren't allowed to surf the internet AND talk on the phone at the same time? Does this seem ridiculous to anyone else? Do we really NEED to be able to browse the web while we talk? Makes me think of this video I posted a while back.

You know why my blog ideas are lacking? Because my fingers are itching to write. Not write blogs, but WRITE, write. Two ideas are bouncing around in my brain that have me giddy with excitement. It's a good thing, but it's also a vacuum for my creative energy. Sad that the blog suffers, but you got to do what you got to do, you know?

What do you think I should blog about? Anything you want to know?