So, last night I had a little bit of a breakdown. Nothing serious. Or at least, I couldn't think of anything serious that could justify my emotions going haywire and tears pouring forth like water bursting from an exploded water balloon.
It was ridiculous, really. My husband sat on the bed and patted my shoulder while I mumbled random and unintelligible things about having forgotten to eat dinner and how my sister is already skinny and she has this baby that is way better than mine simply because it is no longer IN her womb, and how my hair lately is making me look like a horse, and when baby is finally born, nothing is going to fit and I will be sore, and full of milk, and, and, and...
I told you it was ridiculous. I'm thinking I'm getting a little tired of this whole pregnant thing. But then I fell asleep, and when I woke up this morning, my husband insisted I stay in bed, while he got the kids out the door to school. Ah, blissful sleep.
When I finally got out of bed, I realized the sky is blue, the sun is shining, and I'll only be pregnant for two more weeks. And one of those weeks? It's spring break. At first, I wasn't happy about this. I mean, what can you do during spring break when you are 38 weeks pregnant? But then I decided it will be really wonderful to not have to take kids to school in the morning, or pick them up in the afternoon. And it will be awesome to have these three older people around that can almost completely take care of Henry on their own and keep him thoroughly entertained while I sit around on my rumpus eating chocolate and growing a baby. Cause that's all I'm gonna be doing, I can promise you that.
Well wait, that's not entirely true. I do have a list of things I'd like to do before baby is born. Hopefully I'll have brief interludes of productivity in and amongst my long stretches of laziness.
And hopefully my hormones will NOT go haywire again.