Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Life with Five. Week 1

Call me crazy... but I think life with newborns might just be the sweetest life there is. So many heart melting moments. Funny how all the pain and discomfort of pregnancy suddenly seems so inconsequential when you spend a large portion of your day looking at this:

 DSCN1310

Heaven, I tell you. Absolute heaven.

You know what else is nice? Hearing your doctor say, during your c-section, "Okay, you're going to feel some tugging... I'm just tightening up your muscles for you." Seriously? Tug away, Mr. Best doctor on the whole planet. Tug away!!

You know what isn't so nice? Discovering that there is absolutely more than one level of numb and you are having major abdominal surgery closer to the not so numb side of things than to the completely numb side of things.

Baby is worth it, but Holy Mama, it hurt more than the others.

But then, baby comes home and life keeps going, much like it did before, except with a new little person around. I've got a post in my brain... something thoughtful and literary about this very subject. But I'm typing one handed, while nursing. So you'll just have to wait for it. In the meantime...

Cute, isn't she?

DSCN1309

And how about this guy's face? Says a lot doesn't it?

IMG_3309