It’s been a long time since Sarah McLachlan has had any original music. I’ve loved listening to her album of Christmas music, and I’ll always love the older stuff that filled the airwaves back in the day. For these reasons, I was happy to preview and review her new album, Laws of Illusion, on the blog.
Now, I’m gonna start by being honest. I don’t actually listen to a lot of music by female singers. It isn’t necessarily an intentional oversight. I listen to what I like and generally speaking, I like men.
Heh.
That probably sounds wrong. Not wrong, right. I mean, I do like men… one man, in particular.
Wait, weren’t we talking about music?
Sheesh.
So, not a lot of female singers filling my ipod. Did I make that clear? But this album? It’s earned it’s spot among Coldplay and Daughtry and Maroon 5 quite nicely. It’s easy listening, to be sure – soulful, powerful, heartfelt. It’s music that makes you feel good. It’s got a new edge to it, I think, while still being true to Sarah’s signature sound.
So give it a listen. It’s in stores now and can be previewed through Itunes, and through Amazon.
You can also watch music videos for Laws of Illusion at Sarah’s website.
-----
My copy of Sarah’s CD was provided by One2One Networks. I was not paid for this review… and the opinions shared here are all my own.