Friday, July 2, 2010

Speaking of Haircuts…

This is Lucy somewhere around her first birthday.

pictures 055

The girl had some crazy hair. I loved her hair – it was adorably out of control and so much fun to play with. Except, have you ever seen a 1 year old eat? Holy cow, her hair was always a mess. It was so hard to keep clean, to keep out of her face, to keep out of her mouth. And so, in a moment of complete insanity, I gave Lucy a haircut.

As I struggled to make it even, it kept getting shorter and shorter. I was a train wreck, spiraling out of control, taking her lovely head of hair with me. When I was finished, all I could do was cry.

What was I thinking?! Why, oh why would I ever want to cut those delicious curls?!

But, cut I did. She was still cute, but oh! I missed her hair.

IMG_0069
Eventually, it grew into a bob that truly suited her.

LUCY_IN_JANUARY-1

Even still, it took a long time for me to be able to look at her sweet little head without feeling guilty of sabotage.

Ivy, I’m sure, will have hair just like her sister. And my scissors? They will stay as far away from her head as humanly possible.

DSCN1732