Seriously friends. I'm beginning to get a little bit of a complex.
Over the past two weeks, I have left messages with two old friends... "Let's catch up!" my messages say. Except, no one has called me back.
I have emailed three old friends. "How are you?" my emails say... and I'm still wondering. Because no one has emailed me back.
I have called my sister-in-law. "I need an update, so call me back!" My message said. So she called her brother instead. (Seriously woman. He just isn't going to ask you the right kinds of questions... and even if he does, he's never going to volunteer the information to me unless I pry it out of him. Calling him does not count.)
I know, I know. It isn't actually all about me. You all have lives and spend much time thinking about living those lives and not much time thinking about how well you are actually corresponding with, um, you know, me.
Generally, I'm not a keep score-ish kind of person. I'm more a live and let live, happiness is so much easier, grudges are a colossal waste of time kind of person. And your life, my life, life in general is so very busy. But you would tell me if I smelled funny, yes? If you were avoiding me because I have my left foot crammed neatly in my mouth?
Someone tell me, has this ever happened to you? Have random circumstances (at least I hope they are random) ever piled up enough to make you suddenly feel like your skirt is tucked in the back of your pantyhose and no one has the decency to let you know? I'm beginning to feel a bit sheepish...