I think my blog might need to go on the endangered species list. I'm serious. My desire/ability/time/creativity all seem to be waining. I don't want that though. I need the mental exercise - the challenge to keep words going, and thoughts flowing. You know what I need? I need a conservation group - an organization dedicated to keeping my blog alive. They could provide support in the form of a maid, and a cook so that I could put more energy into writing. Come now, you know you'd support such a cause, yes? Donations would be tax deductable... still no? Huh. I think five kids has simply pushed me into a realm of busy that I hardly thought possible. Time... where does it all go?
Sam and Lucy are seven years old today. SEVEN. They are officially big kids now. Little big kids, but big kids none the less. I am so proud of them, and the amazingly wonderful pair of children that they are. Lucy could hardly eat her breakfast this morning for all the excitement she had over what she was sure was going to be the "best day ever." I hope she isn't disappointed. I wrote them silly little poems and hid them in their lunch box this morning - a tribute to all the things that make them special. They are special. And OH so much fun.
So, there is this website called Power of Moms that has featured a few of my blog posts from time to time.
It's a great website - dedicated to empowering mothers and celebrating all that they are capable of. It's designed to uplift, to inspire, to encourage. I hope you'll click over and spend some time looking around. They have several categories of articles, things like Question of the Week, Empowering Essays, and Meaningful Moments, as well as a "Best of the Blogs" list, a list of blogs described as "well written uplifting blogs that help take care of the person inside the Mom." Well worth checking out, yes? You can see my featured articles here.
In other news, I really, really, really want another dog. Everyday I have to convince myself not to drive over to the local humane society and pick out a puppy. Thing is, Josh isn't quite on board with family pet, round 2. And he's mostly justified. I mean, life is really busy right now. I already said that, didn't I? And yet, I still want one. I'm a little crazy like that, I think. What would be great is if a dog just happened to show up on our porch. Homeless, and in need of the kind of love only my family can provide. Then, I'm not being deliberate in my taking on yet another mouth to feed. I'm just accepting a situation that happens to fall in my lap. This is a good plan. I will pray a stray to my door. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.