First of all, thanks so much for all your kind words and thoughts yesterday. Goodness abounds around these parts. I love that about blogging.
Do you want to hear something funny? The other day Henry was dancing in the kitchen and he referred to his "leg pits." I laughed and asked him what he meant. He looked at me with this, "Why would I even need to explain this" look and pointed behind his knees. It makes sense, doesn't it? I laugh every time I think about. Leg pits.
Speaking of dancing, my kids have been in constant motion lately because we are ALWAYS listening to music by Billy Jonas. Have you ever heard of Billy Jonas? If you have small children, you need to hear about him. His music is rhythmic and fun and absolutely hilarious. My kids love it. It's for kids, but it's not cutesy fartsy obnoxious annoying. So my kids sing along, and I sing along too. Check him out on Itunes or on Amazon. I promise you're kids will love you for it. If you only sample a few songs, sample What kind of Cat are You, Old Saint Helen, and Watermelon. Oh, and Pharaoh, Pharaoh, and Some Houses. Okay, so maybe that's almost all of them, but really, really. Go listen. (Not a review. Not sponsored. Just me talking cause we love it at our house and thought you might love it too.)
Billy Jonas - What kind of Cat are You?
We first learned of Billy Jonas from my sister, Emily. Her kids loved it first and then she gave us the CD for Christmas. Best present ever. I really mean it. Speaking of Emily, she's trying to get back in the blogging scene after a particularly long hiatus. Go give her some love, would you? Inkmom's Blog
Since I'm being absolutely random, let's continue with something of an entirely different subject, shall we? Remember last summer when my husband did a triathlon? It was awesome and exciting and I decided right then and there that I wanted to do one too. So I'm gonna. I've been doing a casual combination of swimming and spinning and running for several months now, but as the spring and summer approach, my official triathlon training has officially commenced. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm spinning and swimming. Wednesday morning I'm at the gym long before it's reasonable to be awake so that I can swim, bike, and run. And then, over the weekend, I'm running, and then running some more. After one week of this madness, I'm whooped. I, the one who loves nighttime, who always stays up late and considers the wee hours of the morning a very productive time to write, crawled into bed at 9:45 last night, barely able to keep my eyes open. My husband laughed. Having done it himself, he knows exactly how I feel. But you know what? I also feel strong. My body can do these things. It's amazing to shake off the insecurities in my brain and really embrace that fact. I can do hard things. And, hard things can also be fun things. So now you've heard me say it out loud. That means I have to do it, no?