When Ivy was 10 weeks old, I climbed onto my treadmill and ran a 5K. It took me 42 long and agonizing minutes. Not too bad for my postpartum self, but nothing to write home about either. So I set a goal. Flip the numbers, I said to myself. And so I did.
It took eight months. My 5k time this morning? 24:09
Goals are good. They work. Even when they are painfully ugly and they make you yell curse words at innocent exercise equipment.
In other news, I happened across a list this morning of nominations for the best LDS Female Solo Blogger of 2010. Oh, how fun it has been to browse through a list of reader nominated blogs. It's nothing fancy, really. People have simply left comments nominating the bloggers they've enjoyed reading the most. (The site is continuously compiling and updating a master list as the nominations trickle in - through the end of February, I think?) But that's what makes it so fantastic. There are small blogs on the list and big blogs on the list, funny blogs, serious blogs... the common thread is that they are all blogs that someone loves. Would you like to go and see? Here you go, then.
Nominations for the Best LDS Female Solo Bloggers of 2010
That's all. Hope you have a fabulous day.
********