If there were ever a time when I felt justified in neglecting my blog a bit, it would be April. Ivy's birthday, Henry's birthday, my birthday, my anniversary (11 years today, thank you very much), spring break for my kids, and then Jordan's birthday the first week in May. So yeah. Busy time. But as I race around from here to there, I still feel compelled to share a few quick thoughts...
This past Monday we took our kids to the open house of the Atlanta, Georgia Temple. After two years of renovations, the temple is being rededicated, and so has been open to the public for an open house. What a special privilege it was to walk through with our children. In the temple, there is a picture of the Savior, large enough to take your breath away. How special it was to see my kids gazing up into His face, to see Ivy, quiet, reverent, and then pointing and smiling at the picture of Jesus. It was a good day.
It is a rare opportunity to walk through and see the inside of a temple - a sacred building normally closed to the general public. Before dedication, however, open houses are held so that members of the LDS Church and nonmembers alike can walk through and see these beautiful buildings. The Atlanta open house runs through this Saturday. In fact, my husband and I will be there on Saturday as tour guides, so if you live anywhere close by, it's a trip worth taking. Want more info? Send me a quick email, or click on the contact me tab up above. You can also click on the link below to learn more, or to see some beautiful pictures of the Atlanta Temple.
Atlanta Temple Open House
And on to more gratitude... Today, I'm grateful for all of you. Does that sound ridiculous? I think it probably does. But I mean it. I have friends, discovered through blogging that are on my list of top ten friends ever, in my whole life. Pretty serious, right? I can't explain how sometimes hearts just tell you you are supposed to love each other forever and ever, and even though you've never met in person, it hardly matters because you WILL love each other in person when you do finally meet. I have friends that are thoughtful and considerate and aware of me, even when me is all the way on the other side of the country. I have friends that face incredible challenges and still think of others before they think of themselves. I have friends that make me want to be a much better me than I am all on my own. So Thank you. All of you. For being you and sharing you on this, the internet.
And finally, I'm grateful for eleven years of marriage to this man, my very heart and soul. Saying more might cause you all to start rolling your eyes. But this man rocks. my. world. We'll leave it at that.
