Friday, January 13, 2012

A few Reminders

So, my readership hasn't made any incredible leaps and bounds in numbers as of late. But just the same, there might be a few of you that would benefit from a little reminder tour of the goings on of Mommy Snark. Don't worry. There aren't many.

Just got this post card in the mail yesterday from Chanduru, the sweet boy in India that I sponsor through an organization called Rising Star Outreach. On the back, in his own lovely handwriting, the cards says,

Dear Jenny,

I am 8 years old, in UKG.(kindergarten) I like to play with the cars. I like green color. I like Tamil class. I love you so much.

Chanduru

(So, I had to look up Tamil to know what it is that he enjoys so much. It's a language spoken in India. Probably should have known that.)

At any rate, I consider it such a privilege to be involved in this little boy's life. My dream is to go to India one day - to spend a few weeks volunteering with Rising Star. They do so much good and have helped so many individuals through the years. I hope Chanduru is still there when I get to go. Did you know that you can help with Chanduru too? Sponsoring your own child is $30 a month, but Rising Star was wonderful enough to set up a donation page for Mommy Snark readers where they can donate a $1 or $2 (or even $100 if you want to. Whatever you can do - they love it all the same) for Chanduru any time. To those of you who have donated, thank you, thank you. This is a real organization with a real purpose and an amazing mission. Donations are used for the children - not for administrative overhead, or big fancy houses for those in charge - just for the kids.The link to the Mommy Snark donation page can be found on the referenced page below, or on my sidebar. Look for the picture of Chanduru, and the Rising Star logo.

Mommy Snark and Rising Star Outreach

Rising star Outreach

What else? Just below the Rising Star logo in the sidebar, you'll see a little tab that says Check this Out... the companies listed there like to support Rising Star as well. Whenever you purchase from Chunky Bling, for example, a great website that sells fabulous watches and such, they donate a portion of your purchase amount directly to Chanduru. Pretty exciting, yes? So, do check them out.

Also, if you have a business you'd like to promote on Mommy Snark, do please let me know. I don't take payment for advertising, but I would love to have you support Rising Star. And I like singing the praises of people I like. I'm sure we could work something out.

And now just a few more...

Do you have a question for a Mormon? I don't have all the answers, but I've learned a little over the past 30 years. I'm always happy to share what I know. Click on the button below to ask your own question, or simply read the questions and answers already there.


Have you read the Joyful Mothering Series? Click on the button below to find a list of posts that speak specifically on finding joy in the everyday of mothering.


It's been a while since I've done a Serviceman Sunday post, but that doesn't mean the older ones aren't worth reviewing. Click on this button to learn what Serviceman Sunday is, and read about the featured families. And of course, if you know of a military family that deserves to be featured, click on the contact me button up above and let me know!


And finally... I occasionally facebook and twitter. If you'd like to find me on either site there are links in the sidebar to do so. Wait... I'm not actually finished.

My favorite posts are here.

My favorite cookie recipes are here.

My journey to publication (A Book! Coming out next year!) is here.

And now I'm done. For real.