So, really I sat down to write a review of The Honest Company. I'm going to do that, but since we're speaking about being honest, I'm sending you first to the Honest Toddler. Oh my. If you've ever had a toddler in your life, you need to read Honest Toddler. You'll love it. It's hilarious. You'll love me for sending you.
Moving on.
I'm not receiving any compensation to tell you what I think about the Honest Company. They don't even know I'm writing this post. But I'm telling you just the same because I totally love their stuff. The premise behind the Honest Company is to create family products that are 100% free of all the stuff that can harm us. No chemicals, no synthetic dyes, fragrances, phthalates, parabens, petrochemicals... or any other such toxins that we don't really want to be putting on our skin or on our babies bums. They make diapers and wipes and lotions and soaps and laundry detergent and dish detergent and bug spray. They make sunscreen and counter top cleaner and shampoo and conditioner and many other wonderful products that really, truly, you should try. That might be well and good, you might say, but do their products work? Absolutely they do.
The laundry detergent: Before I started using Honest Detergent, I was using Tide, which is one of the most expensive detergents on the market. I've noticed NO difference in how clean my clothes look or smell, which is awesome since I feel MUCH better about dressing my kids in clothes washed Honestly.
The lotion: It smells fabulous and works great on soothing my kids itchy skin.
The hand soap smells great. The bug spray (DEET free) has a tolerable smell AND it works, and the dish detergent works better than anything else I've ever used.
So. I'm a fan.
The thing I like the most about the Honest Company are their fantastic policies and their great customer service. If you'd like to save on shipping and get a discount off regular prices, you can sign up for bundles. A diaper bundle gives you a month of diapers (with wipes included for free) or a Family Essentials bundle gives you any 5 of their home and personal care items, delivered once a month. It's so easy though. If you aren't quite ready for your stuff to come, or if you want to skip a month because you haven't run out of your products yet, you can call and they'll delay your shipment, or move it to the following month. If you want to split your diaper bundle between two different kids, you totally can. (They are generous in their calculations for diapers used per month. I split my diaper bundle between Jack and Ivy, and it still lasts an entire month.) I love that I never feel roped into spending a certain amount each month or buying stuff even if I don't really need it yet.
Last I checked, you could sign up for a free sample of diapers and wipes, and for a sample of their most popular family essential items. You have to pay for shipping, I think, but that's it. So. Now you know. Here's link one more time if you decide you're interested: The Honest Company

