So, yesterday my two year old told her Dad that he needs to use his "imagination." It came out more as "i-ma-hi-na-hon," but still. That's a pretty big word for her little tiny mouth. She's so funny. She's been using lots of big words lately, mostly completely out of context, but it's hilarious seeing her try. She said to me today, "Hey Mom, we get some chicken and go to a park. That be a good idea?" She cracks me up.
********
So I've started a new book project. I figure, there are probably a lot of books in the library that never get read. So I went to the A section and took the very first book on the shelf. I figure the worst thing that could happen is that it's terrible, and then I just stop reading it. But also, it could be good. And then I'll be happy because I randomly selected a book that happened to be good. I'll let you know how it goes. I think I'll take the first book out of the B's next, and so on, and so forth.
*********
And now for the most important item on the agenda, I totally need a favor. See, my Mom is an incredibly amazing quilter. She's got an eye for color like no one I've ever known before and her attention to detail and overall skill is truly remarkable. Her house is full of the most beautiful quilts. In fact, I have one of her masterful creations sitting on my couch right now. So she just entered a national quilting competition and was selected as one of ten finalists. How can you help? You can go and visit this website below and vote for her quilt. It will only take a second, so do please, help out. It wasn't that long ago that the blogosphere and Facebook network sent a friend of mine on a cruise because of the power of their votes. Surely we can help my Mom win $1000, no?
Her quilt is titled, Box Garden Blossoms.
Here's the link:
Morton Masterpiece
So go vote because you're awesome. And also because her quilt really is beautiful.