because we all need it to survive don't we? Inevitably, there are moments in motherhood where wit and humor are the only things that help us through. Be it our own children, our own mistakes, or others that create the mayhem and exhaustion of every day life, we must have snark... perhaps thats why I'm blogging... in an effort to shake things off, have a good laugh and keep moving forward. I'm on a mission, I think... to take snark to the snarkless... to give Mommy's the courage to step up and be funny. Okay. Perhaps it will only be me trying to be funny, and perhaps only one or two will laugh (my sister and mom atleast will come and read my blog, right?).
My only rule is that mommy snark will never be rude or insensitive... I am, after all, a Mommy which means that somewhere in the background there is a child that is listening to my every word or, (now that I have a six year old, reading every word that I type over my shoulder) and planning the situation where he will repeat my every word, complete with intonations and hand gestures to the bishop or the principal, much to my total embarassment.
So upward and onward I go... while I can't promise to change or take away the challenges of motherhood, I do hope to make them a little bit easier by reminding myself that it always helps to laugh.