Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Happy Birthday

Today we celebrated Sam and Lucy's 4th birthday. Can't believe it. They are 4 years old. It was a very fun day. The best way to measure whether or not a day is a good day is by how many times Lucy comes up to you at random and says, "Mommy, I just love this!" It happened three times today... so it was a REALLY fun day! My entire family made the hour and a half long drive to have dinner and celebrate with us. So, we had ten children, 6 and under running all over our house. It was total chaos, but the best kind of chaos.


And now for the absolutely amazing birthday cakes... yes cakes, plural... one for each kid. As much as I would love to take credit and say that I am this amazingly talented... I'm just not... a friend of mine made these wondrous cakes. And they tasted good too! You can't beat that.



It is so fun to watch my kids have fun. In no particular order, here are more pictures of my favorite moments of the day...

Lucy posing...




Sam, just being adorable Sam...




And Lucy loving Daddy... she's the only other woman I'll share him with. This picture reminds me of the time when Lucy, while eating her breakfast, said to me, "Mommy, I think Daddy is sooo cute!"