and I am glad. I love Christmas. Love it, love it, love it. As evidenced by me continually repeating the fact here on my blog. But when it's over... I am totally a scrooge. The day after, I am already looking forward to taking down the Christmas tree and putting away the music until next year. (this probably wouldn't happen if I didn't start listening to Christmas music right after Halloween). I've been so busy though... my tree is just coming down today. Hooray for more space in my living room, and for a floor free of pine needles. Do you know how easy it is for an eight month old to choke on a pine needle?
So onward we go in to the brave new year, 2008. I've got all sorts of crazy resolutions just like I do every year. I will exercise more... I will eat less (okay, not really, but the exercising more will balance this out). I will work on my personal discipleship. I will play with my kids more, and be mad at them less. I will have more fun.
And I will blog... all of my not blogging over the holidays has given me a list a mile long of things I would like to post about... I bet you are so excited. I've got a product review, and a website review, a few public service announcements that I share only because I feel like they are important and because this is my blog, I get to do that... and a story about Sam, a Lego, and his nose (bet you can't figure out where that one is going!) Okay... your probably not as excited as I am... but I hope through the new year you'll keep coming back anyway. And leave a comment every once in a while. My poor little comment numbers looks so desperate... I know you're out there.....
As an aside to my Happy New Year/Christmas is over/begging for comments post, I'll tell you that over New Years I went to visit some friends from the olden days of one bedroom apartments and $150 grocery budgets. One of these friends has had a baby since I last saw her in person. We have however, kept in touch through blogging. Can I tell you... it was kind of weird seeing this baby in person? Wonderful... because this baby was oh, so adorable... and because I love her Mama, I instantly loved her... but still weird. It was like I already knew her... I found it oddly confusing when my friend kept referring to her daughter by her given name... and not just baby glitter. Funny how we get so comfortable in our blogging worlds... we may forget sometimes that baby glitter does actually have a name besides glitter, or that nobody, is well, actually somebody. The blogging world is wonderful though, because we can so easily keep in touch with old friends, and make so many new ones. So, blog on, dude, blog on! (did I actually just type that?)
Happy New Year everyone! I hope it is full of peace and love, and bloggy happiness.