Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Our baby cardinals...

Adorable, aren't they? It's been so much fun watching these little birds hatch and turn from very scrawny, ugly pink lumps in the bottom of the nest to actual, bonified birds! They are starting to flap their little wings and hop around. When we came home this afternoon, I noticed that one of the baby birds was missing... probably hopped from the nest. I watched as the mother and father birds fluttered about beneath the bush, obviously looking for their missing offspring. Normally, the birds fly off the second we get any where near the bush that holds their nest. But today, they were unphased by our presence. Just inches away from our feet, they continued their search.... I may not have to protect my babies from the feet or mere presence of giant creatures walking about above our heads, but I would run in front of a moving bus if it meant keeping my babies safe. Just call me mother bird.




Posted by Picasa