Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cruel and Unusual Punishment...

That's what it is to make babies celebrate the wondrous accomplishment that is turning one by having their adorably chubby little thighs poked with not one, but FOUR tiny needles... even with baby number 4, shots never get easier. Are the colored band aids supposed to make it better? Cause really, it just proclaims to the world that today, your baby sacrificed a degree of innocence while you stood idly by and listened to the screaming, all in the name of health and wellness.

(I'm not trying to start a debate here... I absolutely think it's worth it. But I don't want to get into that. Today, I'm just talking about little chubby legs and how sad those little band aids are. That's all.)

Because he is so much cuter than anything I could ever write about our experience today... here's Henry telling his own story.

Shots hurt....




They made me sad today.



The colorful band aids did not help.


But Goldfish did.

And so did blues clues. See how captivated I am?