Henry has finally said his first word... doggy. We don't have a dog, but our neighborhood has several that like to wander and visit whenever we are getting in to or out of the car. Henry is fascinated with them. Today, while standing and looking out the window at two dogs playing in our front yard, he said, "daughghghg -eeeee". I pointed, and encouraged him to say it again, to make sure it wasn't just random noise, or phlegm stuck in his throat. Sure enough, he repeated it over and over, while pointing. Still hasn't said MaMa, or Dada, but doggy... he's got that one down!
Last night, I had a dream about eating french fries... a super sized portion from McDonald's. I was playing a game with my kids and had enough french fries to cover the entire table. I remember feeling guilty in my dream... surely I shouldn't be eating this many fries, but they were so good! When I woke up this morning... I felt strangely satisfied. Do you think food we eat in our dreams will still make us fat?
Henry has been particularly needy lately. When he is awake, I do a lot of holding him, and not much of anything else. I figure it's a stage and he'll grow out of it. I'll tell you though, it's amazing the things you can figure out how to do while holding a baby.
Nothing can compensate for the dignity lost while using the bathroom with a baby sitting on your lap.
Lucy climbed up on my lap yesterday, pulled out the neck of my shirt, looked down, and said, "Is boo*bies the real word for those? Cause I think it sounds kind of silly." Yeah. Me too.
Nothing can compensate for the dignity lost when your daughter looks down your shirt, and says "boo*bies, boo*bies", over and over.
I think I'm totally out of dignity.