Yesterday, Sam came in to the room absolutely beside himself with anger. He KNEW that I had his bumblebee transformer and he wanted it back! I insisted that I wasn't actually hiding any toys under my shirt or in my pockets. He firmly responded that he did NOT believe me... that after a thorough investigation (he didn't actually say those words, but I'm trying to make the story more dramatic, so let it go, would you?), he knew I was the only one that could have taken his toy.
I was curious now, to see what sort of logic he'd used to find me guilty. So I asked...
He responded, (and these were his actual words): "I was in the playroom. I put Bumblebee on the floor. Then I left. NO ONE else came in to that room but you, Mommy. NO ONE. Then when I came back, Bumblebee was gone!!! You took him, Mommy. You know you did!"
His force and conviction nearly convinced me that I did indeed have Bumblebee, and wondered if I needed to go search all my secret places to see if I could find him. If I ever actually commit a crime, I can tell you one thing. I do not want Sam to be the prosecuting attorney.
ETA: Bumblebee was found in my underwear drawer, underneath a wad of cash, a rubber band gun, and a fake ID. Guilty as charged.