Yesterday, I put Henry in his high chair with an assortment of chopped up cheese and ham, and some grapes. He only gets a plate when the big kids are eating too and he insists on being like them. This particular meal he was eating alone, so I just dumped everything on the tray of his chair. I turned my back on Henry for just a few minutes, and turned around to find his food sorted in to little piles... his cheese was all in the cup holder, the meat was in a neat little stack, and the grapes were in an orderly row at the back of the tray.
I had no idea he was so, ummmm, orderly. Funny how he can make perfect sense and order out of his lunch, and then five minutes later, make a complete and total mess of my desk drawer. I think he gets that from me. There are things in life that I have to keep organized and neat all the time. Like my checkbook. And the counters in my kitchen. But then, you see things like my tupperware cabinet or the shoes in my closet and you'd think I lived for disorder and chaos. I guess if I had to pick, I would rather have organized finances over organized shoes.
Yesterday, Jordan brought home his first spelling list for the second grade. I wasn't expecting much because it is just the second week of school. But really... I? I was one of the words on his spelling list. Tough, isn't it? I don't think he'll have to study this week.
Have you ever actually counted the number of times a day you sweep your kitchen floor? 7. It may be higher in my house than it is in others because my children are actually made of crumbs, and sand.
Last night while he was brushing his teeth, Sam said to me, "Mommy, I put my underwear and my shorts on frontwards, and I'm STILL getting a wedgie!"
Life is so complicated.