I read somewhere a long time ago that it's best to take your vitamins with orange juice. I think an OB told me that... about prenatal vitamins. Helps with vitamin c absorption or something like that.* So, even though I'm not taking prenatal vitamins currently, I am taking regular vitamins. With orange juice. It helps with the oh so awful taste of them going down anyway... it's a win/win situation.
So, this morning, I fixed myself a glass of orange juice, and a glass of water. Water because I'd just finished running on the treadmill and was in desperate need of hydration. Orange juice to take my vitamins. I picked up both glasses and turned towards the table... this is when things got weird. One second everything was right with the world. And the next, I was standing in a sea of shattered glass and orange juice. The glass of water was fine. The glass of orange juice had literally shattered in my hand. I stood there for a minute waiting for my muscles to bulge out and turn green, because don't you have to be the incredible hulk or something to shatter a glass just by holding it? I still don't know what happened... weird cosmic forces, a weakened glass, and pressure in the wrong place, I guess. I came through okay... I have a broken nail, and a neat little cut on my pinkie finger. And Henry, who apparently doesn't understand the meaning of "NO HENRY DON'T TAKE ANOTHER STEP, GO BACK TO THE LIVING ROOM!!", instead interpreting his mother's frantic screaming as, "Be scared! And run right to me!", got a little sliver of glass in his foot. Which leads me to the next thing I learned...
Babies are much tougher than big kids when it comes to scary things like glass in their feet. He's fine now, by the way. In case you were worried.
In other news, yesterday was Jordan's first gymnastics class. I originally planned to just sign up Sam and Lucy, but when we went to the gym to sign up and Jordan saw all the cool stuff, the trampolines, the huge pit of foam cubes that the kids were jumping in to off the trampoline, he was very excited about taking a class himself. He loved his class. I watched in the observation room above with Sam, Lucy, and Henry. While there, I met a "gymnastics Mom" who was there watching her daughter's private lesson. I overheard her tell another Mom that she would be back to pick up her daughter at 8 PM. It was around 4 when she said this. All I got to say is that is a lot of gymnastics. I don't think she was too thrilled with the "beginner Mom" and all her brood taking up space and making noise. We weren't that disruptive. I think Sam only knocked the fan sitting in the window on to the floor, like, once, maybe. Her son was with her... I'm guessing he was nine or ten. He asked me if all the kids were mine.. when I said yes, he said, "Wow. That is a lot of kids."
I have four kids. Not twenty. Don't a lot of people have four kids? When I picked Jordan up from school the other day, the teacher assistant that walks him to the car asked me if I ran a daycare. Ummm, no. These are all my children. And yes I had them on purpose, and yes, I know what causes pregnancy, and yes, I think I may have more someday, and yes, they do keep me busy.
I think that covers it.
*(Edited to add, it aids in the absorption of iron, says my good friend glittersmama, who I think must be a pharmacist or something.)