Monday, October 13, 2008

A word about Clay...

Melissa, this is totally for you! :)

That fateful morning in mid-September started just like any other. I fed my kids breakfast, then sat down with my own bowl of oatmeal and the laptop. I turned first to the message boards for my hourly, daily, weekly, every once in a while when I have nothing better to do, check on Clay Aiken.

And there it was. A headline on people magazine... Clay is gay. My hopes and dreams of loading in to a convertible mustang with a bunch of Claymates, traveling the country watching Clay Aiken in concert and hoping that maybe one day he'll see me in the audience and, mesmerized by my beauty and girlish charm, instantly ask me to marry him are now dashed to pieces.

Okay. I'm kidding. Though five different people did call me that day to see if I was in mourning... I've actually never been anything but fine. Fortunately for me, my love for Clay has never been anything but musical. I'm much to busy being attracted to my hot husband to spare a thought for any other man... even if they can sing.

So, to sum it up, I still think he sings good. Still would love to meet him (do you know him? Could you give him my number?), don't really care about his life choices... unless he one day decides to stop singing. Then I'd be sad.

In case you forgot what he sounds like, and because there's never a bad moment to be patriotic, here he is singing the National Anthem...