Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This, that and the other...

Henry finally started saying Mama. Between this, and his new habit of snuggling his head in to my neck, wrapping his arms around me tightly and letting out a big sigh of contentment when I get him out of his bed in the morning, I am totally in love with this kid. That's the thing about toddlers... they can take a bath in the toilet, smear chocolate all over your white pants, scribble on your wall with a Sharpie, and then completely redeem themselves with one well timed hug. Not that all that kind of stuff happens at my house. At least not today... yet.

In the new house we are building, set for completion sometime in December, my laundry room is five steps away from my kitchen, where I spend most of my time. I'm very excited about this. Right now, in the aging, floor sloping, burgundy carpeted rental house we are living in, my laundry room is way far away, in the deepest, darkest farthest corner of the house. I don't have to walk past it everyday. I don't see it unless I seek it out. This is not a good situation. Mountains and mountains of a not good situation. I think there are towels down there that have been waiting for weeks and weeks for there turn in the washer. Lucy has been asking for her strawberry shortcake nightgown for over a week. I'm sure it's down there somewhere... I hate laundry.

I bought Halloween costumes early this year. I don't recommend it. Cause now, the battle is keeping the kids out of their Halloween costumes so they don't ruin them before Halloween actually arrives. Sam's costume already has a hole in it. Nice.

This time of year, in this part of the country, is the most wonderful beautiful, refreshing time of year, ever. If you lived here, you would agree with me.

I ordered all of the twins birthday presents this year from the Highlights catalog. Educational, reasonably priced, and really fun stuff. And, it's really easy to find applicable coupon codes online... I found one for $15 off my entire order.

I never buy anything online without checking www.retailmenot.com first. It is a most excellent resource for coupon codes and other discounts or promotions.

okay. That's all.