An early and totally unexplainable conversation:
I came out to the living room this morning, before Jordan left for school, and found he and Sam sitting on the couch, heads close together in studious concentration. Sam looked up and said,
"Hi Mommy. We're talking about words."
Jordan then went on to explain, "I didn't realize that there are three ways to use the word die... there's the die when you get killed, the die that you roll, and the dye for when you dye your hair."
I said, "Very good, Jordan... that's a good observation."
Then Sam asks, "Do you think there is more than one way to use the word fuzzball?"
"Um, no Sam." I replied, quizzically. "I think fuzzball is a pretty unique word that only makes reference to uh, fuzzballs. Why do you ask?
"I don't know..." he answered. "I just really like the word fuzzball. It would be cool if I could use it a lot."
Okay then.
Fuzzball? Really?