Friday, November 14, 2008

Surprise!

Even though my wife is aware that I know how to edit her blog, and even gives me permission to edit occasionally, I do not think she'd expect me to do something such as actually logging in and posting on her blog. So, I have no idea how she will respond. But, I wouldn't worry too much. Being that this is totally outside of my comfort zone, I'd expect this to not only be my first attempt at blogging, but also my last.

Warning! This may get a little sentimental. And you know what? It's all her fault. In all her sweetness I could not resist dedicating something to her. After all, she is quite a remarkable women, wife and mother. As I write this post she is off with a group of girlfriends, laughing, relaxing and probably nursing her beverage of choice, an ice-cold coke, and eating some double decker chocolate cake that she's been talking about for days. But she deserves it. I spent the evening with the kids and couldn't help but think of one of my favorite quotes that reminded me of the wonderful refuge that a family and home can be from the harsh criticism and pressures of the world. It can be a quiet, safe retreat from all that is negative in this world. Although our family and home is far from perfect, much of the joy we feel here is a direct result of her wonderful ability to roll with the punches and be who she is, a loving and wonderful companion, and a sweet and gentle mother to our children. I'm grateful for that. So MommyJ, since I will probably be snoring when you return, I dedicate this post to you and hope you had a wonderful time out on the town. Love, your husband.