So, I began my morning thinking I was going to blog about bedtime battles with children, and the solution that most of the time works at my house... but suddenly, I don't have it in me.
Maybe it was the glass of orange juice that was kicked on to the floor as Sam tried to retrieve the last of the Halloween candy off the top of the refrigerator. Or, maybe it was the shard of sticky, stinging glass in the bottom of Henry's foot from his dash across the kitchen while I was trying to clean up the mess. Perhaps it was Lucy's meltdown that stole all my optimism, because she could not find her leggings with the leaves on them, and she could NOT wear her purple shirt without her leaf leggings and they MUST have been stolen because she'd looked everywhere and they were NOT IN THIS HOUSE... until I found them in her bottom drawer where we keep all her pants and leggings.
Or, maybe it was my own clumsiness when I turned to put my cereal bowl on the table and somehow, some way that I could never do again, even if I really tried, managed to drop my full bowl of cereal, shattering the bowl and splashing my entire kitchen with milk. The walls. The table. The window. Nothing is more disgusting than spilled milk. Except maybe milk that's been in a sippy cup for two weeks.
The straw that broke the camel's back was perhaps Henry, while I was cleaning up milk and orange juice and glass from the kitchen floor, climbing in to the laundry basket of clean laundry with his little grimy, banana and chocolate (please don't ask) covered hands and touching every single article of clothing. And then, since he was taller while standing inside the laundry basket, reaching up to the bookshelf and throwing all the books he could reach on the floor.
So, the bedtime post will have to wait until my sanity returns and things are not looking quite so lackluster. I think sometimes it's actually comical when a series of things happen so quickly, and you think to yourself, "Is this seriously for real? I feel like tossing a few more dishes on the floor just for dramatic effect.
And now to keep me from further wallowing in self pity (because really, a broken dish is actually just a dish, and nothing that happened this morning was of any actual consequence), we'll move on.
Over the past several weeks, I've gotten a few blog awards passed on from a handful of my honorable and respected peers. I have yet to pass them on, and because everybody needs a bit of blog love, I'm going to now. From Nobody, and Cheryl at Twinfatuation, I received this award:
Thank you officially :) And now I pass it along to Jillybean, of Thou Shalt Not Whine. Who I think is totally hilarious. I don't know Jillybean personally, but her entertaining wit, and her toddler Max, that inserts the word 'also' into every sentence, keep me visiting regularly. This award also goes to Lindsay, of Lindsay Adventures. I don't know Lindsay in person either, but her skillfully crafted written word and the details she shares about family life in Brooklyn... a life so completely different from anything I have ever experienced, are very intriguing.
Coincidentally, (it really WAS a coincidence... I had that award up there planned long before she gave me this one) Lindsay just awarded me with an E for Excellent blog rating.

I'm honored. :) And happy to pass it along to a few other bloggers who are most excellent themselves. To Nobody of Nobody Called Today, who deservedly so, forever remains at the top of my blog reader. She's hilariously funny, has totally mastered 'kid-speak' and has kids that say enough funny stuff to keep her blog highly entertaining. Though blogging was what started our relationship, I have gotten to know her beyond that and she's all kinds of awesome, even beyond her blogging prowess. She's the kind of person that makes you love yourself just because she's talking to you. And who doesn't love loving yourself?
This award also goes to Glittersmama, over at Random Thoughts. Glittersmama is a friend from a former chapter of real life, and blogging has most wonderfully kept us in touch. She's the kind of person I want to be like when I grow up. She's fun, she's totally real, and she's one of the smartest people I know.
And last, but certainly not least, InkMom, of I'm not crazy, Mommy. I'm biased because Inkmom is not just my very best friend in the whole wide world, she's also the very best sister I could ever hope for. Though her blog is new, it's well worth an Excellent rating.. she's funny, she's witty, her kids are adorable... and she uses all kinds of big, fancy smart person words that will make you feel smarter simply for having read them. I mean, really, who doesn't love a person that uses a word like 'cathartic' in every day conversation? I loce you, E. You are excellent in so many ways, a blog award hardly does you justice.