Monday, December 1, 2008

Gardens in Heaven.


I have a painting that hangs above my bed... a giant reproduction of Monet's Garden. It was a present from my husband Christmas a few years ago. I most passionately love it... it's a painting that speaks to me on many different levels and to me, adds to the peace and loveliness that I seek in the only room in the house that is generally free of underage influence.

Apparently though, the painting has a very special affect on Sam as well. Last night we loaded up the minivan and took a load of stuff over to the new house. My painting was placed on top. Sam turned around in his seat and watched as we slid it in to the car.

Then he exclaimed, with unfiltered adoration, "Oh, I think that must be what heaven looks like!"

Love, love, love that boy.