Oh, the week it has been! I'm tired. It's been crazy busy doing all that stuff you do when moving. Tonight we moved and unpacked our kitchen in the new house. So now, left in the old house, is a package of animal crackers, and 8 bottles of vitamin water. Breakfast anyone?
My clothes are all moved, and all the kids toys. All the food storage... which seriously nearly broke my back is moved over as well. (Except the big buckets of wheat and what not... we like to leave that for the movers so we can listen to their mumbled expostulations as to what, on earth we are preparing for with all that extra food.) I mean, it was totally awesome in the moment to feel like a superhero iron woman carrying a storage bin filled with 9 giant jars of spaghetti sauce, 10 containers of peanut butter, 8 jars of jelly, and 4 jars of apple butter... but now I can't touch my toes without moaning in agony.
Later this afternoon when Josh and I were at the new house together, I walked him over to the storage bin holding all the goods so he could see how strong I was earlier in the day. He hoisted it up without flinching and said, "It's not that bad."
Show off.
So tomorrow the movers are coming at 9 AM, and the real fun will begin. My favorite part about moving? The revealing moments when furniture is moved, and strange moving men who don't know you, even a little bit, get to see what kind of a housekeeper you really are.
Wow! Who knew the entire contents of a cereal box could fit underneath one couch!
A few days ago, I decided that I would most likely keep Jordan out of school tomorrow. Mostly because with all the chaos of moving I didn't want to look at the clock at 4 PM and realize I'd forgotten to pick up my kid from school. And also because moving trucks are fun and exciting...
Apparently NOT as fun and exciting as spelling tests.
When I told Jordan he could miss school on Friday, he responded, "I don't know... I really don't want to miss my spelling test... and my timed math test too."
I talked to his teacher this afternoon, and our combined efforts were able to convince Jordan he'd be fine to make up his tests next week.
Little nerd.
He totally gets THAT from his Aunt Inkmom. Just so you know.
Okay then. I miss you all. I haven't commented on any other blogs in a really long time. Cause well, I, uh, haven't HAD any time. So there. I'm looking forward to catching up though, when all is settled and done.