Last night, while tucking Sam in to bed:
"Mommy, when I grow up, I'm gonna let my kids do whatever they want... even if it's going to Dairy Queen."
"You are, Sam? I bet you'll be a good Dad..." I responded, trying not to giggle.
"Yeah, I guess I will have to have some rules though. Maybe we'll only go to Dairy Queen once a week. And my kids can do whatever they want... except I will NOT let my baby play on the monkey bars."
Well then. That's good to know. Babies on monkey bars could be very dangerous.
It made me laugh because of all the things a parent could worry about... not playing in the street, not talking to strangers... all the rules that we go over all the time... He worries about monkey bars. We don't even have monkey bars. And I don't think the baby has ever tried climbing on monkey bars, anywhere, at any time.
It is nice to know though, when I'm a grandmother I can sleep peacefully at night knowing that my grandbabies will not be endangering themselves on the monkey bars. And they'll be getting icecream once a week. Sounds like a good life.