I'm watching American Idol. Or, rather... I'm using my wonderful, beautiful DVR to record American Idol so I can skip through all the drama junk and watch the singing... because I love the singing. I've had my favorite past idol contestants... I love me some Clay Aiken, and I think Carrie Underwood is awesome. And David Cook, and Chris Daughtry... all frequent occupiers of my ipod...
I still think though, this year might be my favorite. I think the guys are awesome... these three, in particular... (these are the studio performances from this past week... I think totally worthy of $.99 purchase on itunes.)
First... Kris Allen. Love this guy. Love that he seems so sincere. He talks a lot about his new wife of just five or six months... he's never had any formal vocal training, and he's been praised for helping the other contestants out during rehearsal. He definitely gets the "good guy" vote. And... he's got a great voice.
And Anoop... I love Anoop! I think he is such a likable guy. AND he's a Tarheel... sang in an a capella group at UNC called the Clef Hangers. I mean, it doesn't REALLY matter, but if the guy were a Duke fan, I'm not so sure I'd like him so much.
And finally, Danny. I feel for the guy because I think the judges have totally decided they want him to win, and really, I think he'd probably just like to be treated like everyone else. Thing is though, I think he could win it. I've never heard him sing when I wasn't impressed.
Are you watching? Do you have a favorite?
*Edited to ask this very important question... is it worse to eat three boxes of girl scout cookies in one day, and then stop... or eat one box of girl scout cookies a day, for three days?