Sam has it. I have never known a child to weave words together like he does... and for fear of one day forgetting all the hilariousness that so frequently pours from his little mouth, I record it here.
When eating at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Sam over salted his chip. And he said... "Uh Oh. I think I've got a salty situation!"
When missing his shoes... "Mommy, it is an ABSOLUTE mystery! My shoes have vanished... they simply disappeared!!" (in place of, Mommy... I can't find my shoes)
When struck with the hiccups... "I've got myself a BAAAAD case of the hiccups..." (instead of, Mommy... I got hiccups)
There are so many more that I have forgotten... so many even more descriptive and hilarious than these... They wouldn't be profound or unusual expressions if they weren't coming from a five year old. But that's the thing... he's five! Where does he get this stuff? I mean what kid, when he wants to play a game, enters the room, saying, "Anybody up for a rousing round of Monopoly?" Rousing? Don't kids just say, "Wanna play?"
Not Sam. He elaborates, he expounds, he pontificates... and he seriously makes me laugh out loud all the time.
And now to tell a story on my nephew, whom I love dearly and wish I got to see every day...
Aidan, age 6 told me he wanted to grow saber tooth tiger teeth that hung down like fangs over his lips, so he could cut in to and eat anything with one bite. So I told him, he probably wouldn't be able to get a wife with saber tooth tiger teeth because WHO would want to kiss that? I expected him to say, "Oh, gross... I don't want to kiss anybody anyway." In fact, his reaction was the opposite. He got this concerned look on his face and said,
"You're right!"
He was obviously distressed at such a notion. Guess saber tooth tiger teeth aren't that great of an idea afterall...
In other news, I have pictures from my weekend at the renaissance fair. I wore my costume... on top of my blue jeans. And it's a good thing, because after the first workshop, (I gave the same class twice) I was so blisteringly hot in my curtain fabric skirt and corset, I had to strip them off. What can I say. I'm a costume wimp. I don't deny it. The workshops went well anyway... you may or may not get to see a picture any time soon.
And now I go attack the house that seems to be eternally messy. Sheesh, you'd think I had kids living in it or something.