...until the little pooper disappeared. Yesterday afternoon Carmen darted off the front porch and careened herself down the driveway after a wayward SUV turning around on the dirt road in front of our house. She's done this before - when we're prepared, we keep her inside when traffic happens upon us - an infrequent occasion since we live at the end of a dirt road. But we didn't expect any visitors, and our unidentified guests, probably looking at the vacant lot next door, or even just exploring, paid little heed to the little dog barking it's way down the road as they pulled away. I have no idea how far Carmen followed them. I jumped in the van and went after as soon as Jordan let me know what happened, afraid that if Carmen got too far, she wouldn't know how to make it back - I couldn't have been but a minute or so behind them. Even still, she was no where to be found. We have spent hours driving the roads all over the valley, calling and searching, hoping at least, that she found a dry spot in the midst of the torrential rainstorms blasting through the area. Even today... still no Carmen.
My kids are devastated, and my heart is broken. I know she's just a dog... but she's a dog that has wiggled her way right in to the very center of my heart. I miss her dearly.
I know the world is full of bigger problems than just one lost little puppy. But... if you could spare a few good thoughts, or a brief prayer on behalf of little Carmen.... my sad faced children would be grateful. Even Henry has spent time on the porch calling her... "NUHHH-NUHHHHHHH!!!"
I mean seriously. Who wouldn't want this little face to come home?